Mass amounts of people who use the web are starting to get most of their information in the form of videos rather than text. This is because video watchers are better able to understand information they search for when it is presented in a format that can be re-watched. It is time local businesses take advantage of this movement and start to post original videos on video sharing sites like Youtube or their own website; no matter which you choose videos are a sure-fire way of getting more people engaged in your business and on their way to becoming prospects, clients, and loyal clients.
Out of all of the media types you can utilize to provide visitors with meaningful information, video is the best. By uploading a video to your site you will increase the length of time people stay engaged on your site. The more time they spend, the more they think about and remember your business. But what type of videos should you be posting? Well it depends on what type of services or products you are selling, but to help we highlighted 3 effective ways to use video for your business (no matter what it is).
- Testimonials – If allowed by compliance (if applicable), nothing beats having real testimonials from clients who show their appreciation for the hard work that you have done.
- Animations – Similar to explainer/tutorial videos, animated videos allow you to teach or explain an interesting idea or concept in a way that is entertaining and keeps your audience’s attention.
- Video Tips – What about giving one quick tip that could be useful for clients and recording it in a video that is under 3 minutes? You’ll be providing huge value in a very accessible format that they can view while standing in line at the grocery store.
If this is the first video that you will be posting to the internet, fear not. It really is super simple and there’s no need to buy professional equipment. Take some time and write out a plan for what information you are trying to get across to the viewer. This plan should not be word for word, but a basic outline; by creating an outline over a script you make the video feel more relaxed and professional.
Once you have your plan and script laid out you’re ready to make your video. This can be fun but stressful so to help we created a quick checklist to run through before you start.
- State Your Name and Position
By stating your name and position you provide the viewer information on your authority with the subject that you will be talking on.
- Speak Clearly and Precisely
Now that the views know you have authority make sure you present your information both clearly and with power. Speak clearly and at a speed at which the viewer will be able to think through what you are saying as you say it.
- Finish With Name, Position, and Contact Information
Stating your name, position, and contact information at the end of your video will make it easier for prospective customers to reach out to you and again reassures them that they are getting trustworthy information.
Videos are the newest and most beneficial type of content you can use to promote your business. It may seem hard to get started but once you choose the type of video you want to post and what information you would like to highlight, it couldn’t be easier.